How to Prevent the Coronavirus
By now, everyone has heard, “wear a mask, social distance and wash your hands” to protect against the novel coronavirus.
However, there are some things that could help you stay ahead of the game when it comes to SARS-CoV-2.
With the variants that have been appearing, it is important to ensure that you stand your best chance.
So, let’s go over a few things that will help you stay safe.
Keep in mind, all of these recommendations are for prophylactic measures and are not meant to be a cure.
Any foreign pathogen entering your body will be met by your immune system.
Initially, your immune system will not know how to fight a new infection or virus. It has to have time to create the specific antibodies required to eliminate it.
To give your immune system its best possible chance to win against the coronavirus that has been turning the world upside down, you don’t want it fighting other problems. Things like a cold, flu or another disease will make it more difficult to fight a new illness.
That means keeping yourself as healthy as possible and ensuring your immune system is working at maximum efficiency.
According to USPharmacist.com, there is a list of supplements that have been used by patients battling Covid-19. Each of the items on the list has shown an improvement to their condition.
Prepare for the Coronavirus
Don’t wait until you have it to get your immune system in shape. Take a look at the list:
- Vitamin C – long used for keeping away seasonal illnesses like a cold or flu. It is actually an antioxidant. Antioxidants neutralize free radicals in your system. This frees up your immune system to do its job instead of fighting the after-effects of oxidation.
- Quercetin – a plant flavonol that is found in lots of foods and drinks. According to Chinese studies, it binds with the spike protein in the novel coronavirus and reduces the chance of it infecting other cells. This is much like an antibody for a disease once your immune system can produce them.
- Zinc – a micronutrient necessary for human survival. A zinc deficiency can cause a higher risk of infection, chronic fatigue syndrome and pneumonia, all of which increase the chances of contracting the SARS-CoV-2 virus. Normal zinc levels lower the risk of death associated with Covid-19 by 7%. More is better.
- Vitamin D3 – supplementation of D3 was recommended in winter before the pandemic. This was because we generally have lower exposure to the sun. Now that a lot of places are in lockdown or severely reduced activity, we are getting even less sun than before. Vitamin D3 is required to protect against other respiratory illnesses, which means your lungs stay strong.
- Antioxidants – as mentioned above, antioxidants free up your immune system to protect you by neutralizing free radicals that cause inflammation and cellular damage.
Sources of Recommended Nutrients
We cut some recommendations from the list posted on USPharmacist.com. We did this because the ingredients have either become scarce, need a prescription or aren’t recommended for everyone.
For all the ingredients that we kept on our list (which originally came from the Eastern Virginia Medical School (EVMS)), there are two products that work very well together to keep you and your immune system strong and healthy.
Aside from eating healthy (some of these things can be found in your food), exercise and refraining from things that weaken you (smoking, drinking, allergies, etc), supplements will deliver the same amount of each ingredient every single time.
MetaFire Nutrition has developed its line of supplements to contain natural ingredients. They are formulated to work perfectly together for almost any health or body goal.
MetaFire Nutrition Natural Supplements
For Vitamin C, D3, Zinc and Quercetin, we present MetaVite.
Not only is MetaVite a multivitamin and mineral, but it also includes a general health compound, an immune system compound and an antioxidant and energy compound.
That means that MetaVite would work quite well on its own to help you protect against outside pathogens.
To add an extra layer of protection, we have MetaDetox, which is specifically designed to combat free radical buildup in your body. This will give you the strongest immune system possible.
Included in these two incredible supplements are:
- Green Tea – a natural source of quercetin and antioxidant properties
- Aloe Ferox – a natural colon cleanse, antiviral and immune booster
- Acai Berry – a powerful antioxidant with nootropic (brain function booster) properties
- Echinacea – long-used immune booster
- Multiple sources of Zinc providing over 136% of the recommended minimum intake
- 167%+ of the recommended Vitamin C
- 50% of the recommended Vitamin D (too much can cause over-stimulation of the immune system and toxicity of the heart and kidneys)
- Multiple sources of antioxidants to optimize your immune system, reduce inflammation and neutralize free radicals
The content contained in this article is for informational purposes only. The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional advice. Reliance on any information provided in this article is solely at your own risk.
For more information on free radicals and antioxidants, see What is an Oxidant?